A Guide to Fertility Preservation
The desire to have children is human! Moreover, there is no better way to own children than producing yourself!
Having said so, there are many life events, diseases, and treatments, which can affect one’s fertility. Therefore, it is essential to know about the disease and therapy, which can make you infertile and also know the fertility preservation options.
What affects fertility?
Some common factors affecting your fertility include
- Lifestyle like working in a factory where toxic chemicals are produced or used
- Career demanding delayed parenthood (e.g., modeling).
- Disease like endometriosis
- Treatment that involves any form of radiotherapy, chemotherapy or surgical removal of testis, uterus or ovaries,autoimmune disease such as SLE requiring high dose alkylators (Cyclophosphamide) or bone marrow transplant.
What is fertility preservation and what to do to about it?
Fertility preservation is the process of saving your or eggs, sperms, or reproductive tissue so that it be can be used later for having biological children.
There are various fertility-preserving options available these days like:
1. Sperm cryopreservation – Semen is frozen and stored for future use in a process called cryopreservation.
2. Embryo cryopreservation– The most common and successful option for preserving female’s fertility. Eggs are removed from the ovaries followed by fertilization with sperm from her partner in the lab by a process called In Vitro Fertilization. The resulting embryos are frozen and stored for future use.
3. Oocyte cryopreservation – It is similar to embryo cryopreservation, except that unfertilized eggs are frozen and stored.
4. Ovarian transposition – Minor surgery is done to move the ovaries from the area that will receive radiation to an area that will not receive radiation.
Fertility Preservation Center in Chandigarh
Jindal IVF is one of the best fertility preservation center in Chandigarh which provide fertility treatments and fertility preservation facilities to both male and female.
Our infertility clinic in Chandigarh is well equipped with latest technologies and machineries to assist you, so you can understand the procedure and what is going to be done during the process.