- Role Of A Gynecologist When Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer
- How to Find a Best Infertility Clinic to Meet All Your Needs
- CHANCES OF IVF SUCCESS AT 40 OR ABOVE
- Complete Bed Rest After Embryo Transfer: Myths & Facts
- Jindal IVF Chandigarh - Help You to Start a Family
- Advanced semen testing for infertility
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Adolescent Health
- Anemia in pregnancy
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Female genital tuberculosis
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Blighted ovum
- Protection from cervical cancer with HPV vaccine
- IVF when and How
- Menstruation Cramps
- Pelvic Adhesions
- Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases
- Incompetent Cervix
Definition: Excessive vaginal discharge due to bacterial infection in vagina.
This infection is caused by a mixed type of bacteria which are present in the vagina. Low general resistance such as poor nutrition, hygiene, anaemia, diabetes, pregnancy, long term antibiotic use may predispose to this infection.
The infection may be silent or the women may complain of slightly increased vaginal discharge. In severe cases patients complains of excessive, irritating foul smelling discharge with a typical fishy odour. Silent vaginal infection during pregnancy may be a cause of preterm labour and intra-uterine infection.
Clinical examination by a gynecologist, culture of vaginal secretions and Pap smear are required.
Appropriate antibiotics are generally curative.
Improvement in general health, treatment of anaemia, diabetes etc. and personal hygiene can prevent this disease.