- Meet Dr. Umesh Jindal, Who has treated thousands of Childless Couples
- Laparoscopy for Diagnosis and Treatment of Endometriosis
- Role Of A Gynecologist When Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer
- How to Find a Best Infertility Clinic to Meet All Your Needs
- CHANCES OF IVF SUCCESS AT 40 OR ABOVE
- Complete Bed Rest After Embryo Transfer: Myths & Facts
- Jindal IVF Chandigarh - Help You to Start a Family
- Advanced semen testing for infertility
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Adolescent Health
- Anemia in pregnancy
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Female genital tuberculosis
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Blighted ovum
- Protection from cervical cancer with HPV vaccine
- IVF when and How
- Menstruation Cramps
- Pelvic Adhesions
- Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases
- Incompetent Cervix
Definition: It is the severe form of pregnancy induced hypertension. In this condition patient starts getting fits due to uncontrolled high blood pressure, generally > 160/110 mm.
This is a condition peculiar to pregnancy and improves spontaneously after pregnancy. It occurs more commonly in first pregnancy, multiple pregnancy, and grand multiparas and in women with hypertension.
The fits are generalized tonic and clonic convulsions which means fits involving whole body. There is frothing of mouth, up rolling of eye balls, tongue bites, urinary incontinence etc. along with the fits.
Warning signs of eclampsia are:
- Very high blood pressure.
- Black spots in front of eyes
- Generalized swelling of the body
- Epigastric pain
- Decreased urinary output
Eclampsia is a serious emergency and should be treated immediately. Patient should be immediately rushed to the hospital. These fits are often recurrent. In hospital, patient is made to lie in a quiet room, breathing and circulation are ensured and anti convulsant treatment is given.