- Meet Dr. Umesh Jindal, Who has treated thousands of Childless Couples
- Laparoscopy for Diagnosis and Treatment of Endometriosis
- Role Of A Gynecologist When Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer
- How to Find a Best Infertility Clinic to Meet All Your Needs
- CHANCES OF IVF SUCCESS AT 40 OR ABOVE
- Complete Bed Rest After Embryo Transfer: Myths & Facts
- Jindal IVF Chandigarh - Help You to Start a Family
- Advanced semen testing for infertility
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Adolescent Health
- Anemia in pregnancy
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Female genital tuberculosis
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Blighted ovum
- Protection from cervical cancer with HPV vaccine
- IVF when and How
- Menstruation Cramps
- Pelvic Adhesions
- Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases
- Incompetent Cervix
Definition: Imaging of the uterus and the fallopian tubes with the help of X-ray after instilling radio opaque contrast in the uterus. Commonly called colored X-ray of the uterus.
Hysterosalpingography (HSG) though apparently a simple technique, can provide valuable insight into the uterine and tubal factors of infertility. Precision and following correct technique help in providing good quality HSG films.
HSG is performed between menstrual cycle days 6 and 11. It should not be done near ovulation or in the presence of pelvic infection. The procedure is best performed using fluoroscopy or image intensifier. A pain killer given half an hour prior to the procedure minimizes cramping and discomfort. The dye is injected in the uterus and tubes under image guidance and X-ray plates are taken.
- Costs about 2200-2500 rupees.
- Gives good information.
- Increases expertise and good equipment.
- Increases chances of pregnancy
- Needs expertise and good equipment.
- Inconclusive reports are quite common.
- May need laparoscopy to confirm findings