Laparoscopy is a procedure by which a telescope is introduced into the abdominal cavity to assess the internal organs and perform any required surgery. It may be used for purpose of diagnosis or for treatment and surgery. It is done as a day care procedure most of the time but may require admission to the hospital for complicated cases.
Some of the common problems for which laparoscopy is done are:
- Unexplained infertility or blocked tubes
- Myomectomy – removal of fibroids
- Cystectomy – removal of endometriotic or other ovarian cysts
- Adhesiolysis – means removal of intra-abdominal bands on the uterus
- Salpingectomy – for ectopic pregnancy, hydrosalpinx
- Tubal surgery – recanalization
- Ovarian drilling
- Hysterectomy – removal of uterus
- All these procedures are available here.
Hysteroscopy is a procedure by which a telescope is introduced into the uterine cavity to assess the uterus and perform any required surgery. Depending upon the type of procedure local or general anaesthesia may be used. It may be diagnostic or operative.
Some of the common procedures done are:
- Before undergoing embryo transfer
- In case of abnormal uterine bleeding or postmenopausal bleeding
- Thin endometrium
- Myomectomy – removal of fibroid
- Polypectomy – removal of endometrial polyp
- Septum resection
- Correction of uterine anomalies
Advanced Gynae Endoscopy
We have a highly specialized advanced gynae endoscopy unit to cater to the need for advanced endoscopic procedures, which were not available in the region previously. Advanced endoscopic procedures avoid the need for open surgery, thus reducing cost, time spent in anesthesia, recovery time and discomfort. Some of the procedures done here include:
- Laparoscopic cervical cerclage – for incompetent os
- Laparoscopic sacropexy – for prolapse uterus
- Laparoscopic TLH (hysterectomy) – removal of uterus
- Laparoscopic myomectomy – removal of large fibroids, difficult cases of fibroids and endometriosis.
If you have any need of these procedures, Jindal IVF provides a comfortable and affordable place to get operated. Our motto is ‘where excellence and ethics meet’ and we try to live up to it.
Book an appointment at 0172-4911000, or visit our centre at
Jindal Clinics, SCO 21, Sector 20D, Chandigarh, 160020.