Dr. Ajitabh Shukla
MBBS, MD, DGO, FMASM, FNB
Dr. Ajitabh Did his post-graduation from the prestigious PGI, Chandigarh followed by senior residency from the Sri Ramachandra medical college in Chennai. FNB in Reproductive Medicine was then completed from the Institute of Reproductive Medicine under the auspices of the father of IVF in India, Dr Baidyanath Chakravarty. He has worked as a consultant in IVF and infertility management at Sunrise Hospital, Gurgaon and Genome clinic in Kolkata followed by Indira IVF clinic in Kolkata.
He has Special interest in the management of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and the poor responders in IVF. He is trained in management of male infertility and sexual dysfunctions including all the surgical procedures involved in sperm retrieval like microsurgical TESE, TESE, TESA, PESA, FNAC etc. Research topic during FNB-“association of hyperhomocysteinemia and hyperinsulinemia in recurrent pregnancy loss in PCOS”.
- “Effectiveness of intra uterine lignocaine in addition to Para cervical block for pain relief during dilation and curettage”-Journal of obstetrics and gynaecology of India (2016 June).
- Poster presentation in ASRM 2013 on “evaluation of pregnancy outcomes with surrogacy in infertile women with adenomyosis following failed ICSI”.
- Article in RCOG book of proceedings (2013) on “mild stimulation maybe preferable with regards to oocyte morphology and endometrial quality in comparison to the long protocol in PCOS patients undergoing ICSI”.
- Articles in the ART AIM update 2013 at Kolkata-“idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura and autoimmune hyperthyroidism in recurrent pregnancy loss-a case report” and “prediction of pregnancy outcomes by the measurement of endometrial thickness in 1071 IUI cycles”.
- Article in the Genome life magazine (July 2016)-“OCP pre-treatment in IVF”. Chapter on “Epigenetics and ART” in the popular book “‘Principles and practice of Assisted Reproductive Technology-2nd edition “by Kamini Rao. Attended various CMEs and national level conferences.
- Delivered a talk on the “comparison between Letrozole and Clomiphene for ovulation induction in PCOS” at the ISAR Himachal Pradesh chapter launch in Shimla, November 2018.
- Member of ISAR