Dr. Nidhi Sharma
Dr. Nidhi Sharma is a graduate from the Tamil Nadu NGR Medical University, Chennai with distinctions in Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and a certificate of honor with first position in Medicine. She pursued her M.S in Obstetrics and Gynecology at NSCB Medical Collage Jabalpur (M.P) and did her senior residency in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, PGIMER Chandigarh. Since February 2008, she has been working as a senior consultant in Obstetrics and Gynecology and infertility specialist at Jindal IVF and Sant Memorial Nursing Home. Her areas of special interest are IVF and recurrent implantation failure. She has more than 8 years of experience in Assisted Reproductive Technology and has expertise in all types of infertility related diagnostic and laparoscopic surgeries like myomectomy, endometriotic adhesiolysis, ovarian cyst removal and tubal cannulation etc.
She has a keen interest in academics also and has presented numerous papers in regional and national conferences. She has contributed various chapters on ART in multiple books. She has been an invited faculty at various regional and national conferences and has given many talks on different topics related to infertility.
Experience in Artificial Reproductive Techniques:
- Training in Infertility & IVF for two years at Jindal IVF & Sant Memorial Nursing Home which is an ISAR Accredited ART Centre – 2008.
- Working as an Independent Consultant in IVF & Infertility at the same hospital since 2008 and performed more than 1000 Procedures of Transvaginal ultrasound guided follicular retrievals & Embryo Transfers.
- Performed more than 2000 procedures of Artificial Insemination of Semen.
- Teaching faculty for IFS fellows.
- Adequate exposure of various semen preparation techniques, techniques of IVF /ICSI, cryopreservation of semen & embryo & quality control in laboratory.
- Performed & assisted all types of infertility related diagnostic & operative laparoscopic surgeries like myomectomy, endometriotic adhesiolysis, ovarian cyst removal, tubal cannulations, etc.
- Performed & assisted various hysteroscopic procedures like septal resection, polypectomy, metroplasty, adhesiolysis etc.
Performed and assisted in various major & minor gynecologic, obstetric and infertility related procedures including abdominal and vaginal hysterectomy, exploratory laparotomy, operations for vaginal and uterine prolapse, myomectomy, reconstructive tubal, uterine, ovarian and vaginal surgery, repair of genital fistulae, tubal sterilization by vaginal and abdominal approach, operative and diagnostic laparoscopy & hysteroscopy.
- Certificate of completion of ultrasound training from FOGSI recognised centre of Ultrasound training at Jindal IVF & Sant Memorial Nursing Home, Chandigarh.
- Certificate of completion of training module in 3-D ultrasound from GE Healthcare.
- Adequate experience of all kinds of Obstetric & Gynaecological ultrasounds both transabdominally & transvaginally.
- Life membership of Federation of Obs & Gynae Society India
- Life membership of Indian Fertility Society
- Life membership of Chandigarh Obs & Gynae Society
- Life membership of Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction
- Completed Thesis on “Use of Low Dose Magnesium Therapy in treatment of Ecclampsia” during post-graduation.
- Presented a paper entitled Programmed Labour at 48th AICOG 2005.
- Presented paper on Stimulation protocol for IUI in patients with Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism in Fertivision 2008.
- Presented a paper on “Efficacy and safety of addition of low dose human chorionic gonadotropin as luteal support in prevention of OHSS in PCOS patients where GnRh agonist trigger is given for inducing ovulation” at ISAR 2015, Chennai.
- Invited Faculty as a panellist at Fertivision 2015, New Delhi.
- Hands on workshop on usage of 3D/4D USG in OBGY in Ludhiana in March 2014.
- 5th National Conference of Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic surgeons in India 2012.
- Workshop on Endoscopy organised by FERTICON 2012.
- Annual conference of Obstetrics & Gynaecological Society of Northern India 2012.
- Workshop on Birth Defects organised by department of OBG, PGIMER 2012.
- 5th National conference of Indian Fertility Society 2010.
- CME on labour room protocols organised by FOGSI at GMCH-32 2008.
- Fertivision 2008.
- 12th National conference on ART & Advances in Infertility Management 2007.
- USG Workshop on use of colour Doppler in Infertility in ISAR 2008 at Delhi.
- Participated in various seminars regularly held at Jindal IVF & Sant Memorial Nursing Home.
- Joint organising secretary of various conferences like Fertivision 2008, 7th, 8th ,9th,10th ART update organised annually by Jindal IVF & Sant Memorial Nursing Home under the aegis of IFS.
- RCOG west Zone India Conference 2005.
- AICOG 2004 & 2005.
- Attended various other regional & National Conferences.