Dr. Ruby Ahuja
(Ph.D, PGDGC, Certified NLP Practitioner, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists)
She had 18 years of experience in the field of Clinical Psychology. Presently for last 5 yrs working as a Consultant Psychologist with Jindal IVF and Sant Memorial Nursing Home. She is also a visiting consultant in other hospitals in the region. Associated for last 9 years with 1 to 1 Help, Human Dynamics Consultation Company – the counseling service providers to various multinational companies across India.
On panel of Optimun Consultancy Services-dealing with multinational clients for Psychological Counseling. On Panel of Human Dynamics a consultancy service for Multinational Company. Have assisted and organized 320 workshops.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE- (18 yrs)
- Worked as Guest Faculty in Saket College of Physiotherapy as Lecturer for Psychology.
- Worked as Project Director with an N.G.O on a World Health Organization sponsored project on “Adolescent health”. The main focus of this project was psychological and physical health of Adolescents.
- During this project organized various workshops, camps and seminars on de-addiction in adolescents and children.
- Worked for One year as PGT teacher for class +2.
- Worked for a year as a lecturer in Government Home Science College, Chandigarh. During this time, assisted two students in their dissertation on “Adolescent’s Adjustment and Frustration”.
- Defining Anger and its various dimensions.
- Psychological Distress and Anger.
- Parent-Child-Relationship and Anger.
- Family Environment and Anger.
- Theoretical models of Anger.
- Results showing relationship of anger and parent child relationship.
CONFERENCES & SEMINARS:
Have participated in over 33 conferences and presented over 35 papers across the country.
Title: “Frustration and perceived Parent-Child-Relationship” in a UGC sponsored seminar in Government College sec-46 Chandigarh on the 4th March’09.
Presented a paper “Parent-Child-Relationship and Anger” at one day seminar on “Recent Perspectives in Positive Psychology” organized by Panjab University, Chandigarh on Feb, 9th, 08.
Presented a paper on “Flexibility and Rigidity of Science and Arts teachers with increasing years of their teaching” at one day UGC sponsored seminar in Govt College for Men Sec-11, Chandigarh, on March’ 2009.
- Actively Participated in “International Conference on ISSBD-International Society for Study of Behavioural Disorders.
- Case Study Presentation
- Worked with physically challenged and learning disabled children to study their overall personality and their developmental status.
- Pre – School Presentation
- The Masters Program gained an experience of planning, participation and supervising the activities of pre-school children thereby giving a feel of developmental crisis, challenges and needs associated with early childhood along with improving my communication and organizing skills.
- Organized a team workshop on Research Methodology for Prof. Reed Larson, Department of Human and Community Development, University of Illinois, U.S.A.
- Organized an exhibition, where the exhibits made by the mentally challenged were displayed.
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Member of many Psychology and allied associations and committees such as:
- Member of ISSBD- International Society for Study of Behavioural Development;
- Indian Association of Heath, Research and Welfare;
- Indian Association of Psychology and Mental Health;
- Member of Indian Society of Cognitive Behaviour Therapists;
- The Learning Community