Dr. Yashbala graduated from PGIMER, Rohtak as the best Graduate and recipient of the President’s Medal. Thereafter she worked at PGI Chandigarh from January 1986 till November 1993 in various capacities. She started her private practice after leaving PGI at Chandigarh. She has held important executive posts in North Zone FOGSI, IMA, IMS, IFS, etc.
She has also been nominated as a member of the Punjab University senate under the category of family education and population control.
She has organised various conferences at Zonal and national level. She has been faculty at various Zonal and national conferences and has delivered talks on All India Radio, Doordarshan, UGC, various schools and colleges. She is a keen Academician and social Scientist.
She is currently working as a visiting consultant at Jindal IVF and Sant Memorial Nursing Home.
Prizes & Medals
- MBBS 1st Professional
- Silver Medal for distinction in Physiology (December 1981).
- Silver medal for 1st position in Anatomy (December 1981).
- Physiology society Gold Medal for the 1st position in Practical physiology (December 1981)
- 1st position in 1st professional MBBS (December 1981)
- MBBS 2nd Professional
- 2nd Position in the university (May 1983).
- Final Professional
- 1st position in final professional (December 1984)
- 2nd position in obstetrics & Gynecology (Bronze Medal, December 1984).
- 2nd position in Surgery (Bronze medal, December 1984)
- College council Gold Medal for BEST GRADUTATE (December 1984)
- Scholarships won during MBBS
- Merit scholarship from Feb 1980 to Nov 1984 (5 years)
- University honors won during MBBS
- Distinction in Physiology in 1st Prof MBBS
- University Silver Medal for first position in MBBS
- (Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak).
- President’s Medal from Ministry of Health, Govt. of India for highest score in MBBS in University
- Maharishi Dayanand University Silver Medal for 1st position in Pre Medical (April, 1980).
- Distinction and National Merit Scholarship from Ministry of Education and Culture, Government of India after matriculation (April, 1978)
- As in intern: During compulsory rotatory Internship (1st Jan 1985 to 31st Dec 1085) at Medical College, Rohtak had exposure to patient management in all subjects viz.- Surgery, Medicine, Obst & Gynae, Ophthalmology, ENT, Community Medicine, Psychiatry and Dermatology.
- As a Junior Resident (Jan 1986 to Dec 1988) in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh was posted Neonatology care, labour Wards, special clinics in the department like medical and surgical disorders in pregnancy.
- Cardi-obstetric clinic, high risk pregnancy and toxemia clnics. Was involved in surgical interventions.
- Like pregnancy termination, laparoscopy, laparotomy, caesarean section and hysterectomy.
- As a Senior Resident (Registrar) from Jan 1989 to Jan 1992 in the Department of Obst & Gynae, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh, was actively involved in patient management and supervision of junior Residents in the outdoor patient department, Special clinics, labour wards, elective and emergency surgeries in practice of obst. & Gynae. Handled.
- Pre-natal and intra-natal obstetrical ultrasound and so also colposcope and gynecological ultrasounds
- As a Pool Officer(Consultant)from April 1992 to November 1993, in the Department of Obst & Gynae, Postgraduate Institute of medical Education & Research, Chandigarh. Did routine and emergency duties as consultant for management of labour room and ward patients. Was involved in teaching and training fellows and registrars for patient management. Was handling ultrasound and all elective and emergency surgeries in the specialty i.e. Laparotomy, caesarean section, hysterectomy, hysterectomy etc.
- As Senior Consultant Gynecologist and Obstetrician at Jindal IVF and Sant Memorial Nursing Home at Chandigarh. Handling high-risk pregnancies and all Gynecological and obstetrical surgeries.
- As a resident Teaching Fellow during Junior Residency (Jan 1986 to Dec 1988) active participation in weekly seminars, Journals Clubs, Case conferences, prenatal meetings, Gynaecological-Pathology lectures, Cliniopathological conference and Elementary lectures in Medical Statistics.
- As a Senior Resident from Jan 1989 to Jan 1992 involved in bed side teachings of Junior Residents, moderation in seminars and presentation of staff clinical meetings besides other teaching sessions of the department and Institute.
- As a Pool Office (Consultant) from April 1992 to November 1993 involved in teaching sessions of the Department and Institute (PGIMER, Chandigarh).
- As a consultant involved in teaching Resident Fellows in ward rounds and weekly Academics
- Submitted a thesis entitled “Biomedical effects of a sub dermal contraceptive implant norplant R-2 to the faculty of the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh in partial fulfillment for the award of degree of MD in Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Worked on the following projects as a Pool Officer:-
- Diastolic function of heart during pregnancy
- Preterm labor
Paper presented & Conferences
- Presented a paper entitled “biomedical effects of Norplant R-2” at the 31st Annual Conference of Federation of Obstetrics & Gynecological Society of India held at Jaipur in December 1987.
- Presented paper in IV Annual convention of All India Co-ordination Committee of the Royal College of Obstetrician & Gynecological in Nov. 1988.
- Paper entitled “gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia- a rare presentation” accepted for presentation at 34th All India Obstetrics & gynecological Congress held at Nagpur in December 1990.
- Invited Speaker at IMA, Ambala 2001, delivered lecture on management of PPH.
- Panelist for annual meetings of North Zone FOGSI on Insurance and Doctors (2008), Adolescent Contraception (2009)
- Delivered talks in North Zone FOGSI on insurance and Doctors (2008), Adolescent Contraception (2009)
- Panelist in Annual meeting of Patiala chapter of FOGSI on Management of Fibroids
- Invited speaker, delivered talks on Progesterone only Contraception, Anemia in Pregnancy, Osteoporosis, Menopause etc on various occasions at Patiala.
- Invited Speaker at Ludhiana, Delivered lecture on Luteal Phase Defects, vaginal Contraception.
- Invited speaker at IMA, Sonepat, delivered lecture on Management of Menopause.
- Quiz master for infertility quiz in ART 2002, held at Chandigarh.
- Delivered lecture on Calcium therapy in Physician Forum, Chandigarh
- Delivered lectures on various occasions in local meetings on topics like DUB, Medical Abortions, Vaginal.
- Infections, Endometriosis, Post-partum Contraception & Hyperprolactinemia etc.
- Academic convener obs. & Gynae Practioners Society, CHD for 3 years, organized and conducted more than 20 meetings.
- Jindal UN, YB Verma, S. Sodhi, S. Verma: Comparative Evolution of Laparoscopy and endometrial Polymerase Chain Reaction for the diagnosis of female Genital Tuberculosis in infertile women in India At ASRM 2008, Annual meeting held at San Francisco, USA
- Jarullah U, Gupta A, Bala Y, Jindal UN: Tournequet technique for reduction of blood loss in open myomectomy: Paper presented of Fertivision 2008, Annual meeting held at Chandigarh.
- Attended International Gynae Oncology Conference held at Prague Oct 2010.
- Actively Participated in organizing various Conference while at PGI and later in Practice.
Various Position Held:
- Current Joint Sect North Zone FOGSI
- Convener Chandigarh Obst & Gynae Society 2008-2010
- Secretary IMA, Chandigarh 2006-2007, Organized about 15 Scientific meeting (Best Sect Award)
- Joint Organizing Sect ISAR 2007.
- Joint Organizing Sect Fertivision 2008.
- Invited Faculty FOGSI National Congress New Delhi 2008.
- Invited Faculty national Boards Workshop New Delhi 2010.
- Organizing Sect IFS meeting April 2011
- Invited Faculty at Dept. of Health for talk of Contraception 2009
- Invited Faculty at UGC workshop held at Kurushetra University 2010.
- Invited member for meeting held on Save The Girl Child by Governer UT.
- Bala Y, Dhall GI, Majumdar S. Short term and long term effects of Norplant R-2 on plasma lipoproteins and glucose tolerance. Advance in Contraception 1990;7;77;83.
- Das SS. Dogra M, Bala Y: Abscess in fibromyoma following instrumentation: Int J. Gynecol Obstet 1994,45.
- Jindal UN, YB Verma, S.Sodhi, and S. Verma: Comparative evaluation of laparoscopy and Endometrial Polymerase Chain Reaction for the diagnosis of Genital Tuberculosis in infertile women in India. Fertility Sterility 90,S152,2010.
- Jindal UN, Bala Y, Sodhi S, Verma S., Jindal S: Female Genital Tuberculosis: Early Diagnosis by laparoscopy and Endometrial Polymerase Chain Reaction (Accepted for publication) Int J. Tuberculosis)